I did not watch the Oscars last night. I never watch awards shows. I found out about the Will Smith/Chris Rock think when my daughter texted me asking if I thought it was staged. I then watched the video she sent and the unedited version.
Because everyone needs my thoughts on something everyone is talking about:
- I don’t think it was staged. I am more certain of this after seeing the unedited video and Smith’s acceptance speech.
- Chris Rock showed two things: a lot of restraint to not go after Smith and the ability to take a licking and keep on ticking.
- It was weird that Smith went from laughing after the joke to choosing violence.
- I can’t think of any other place where someone could assault someone on stage and just sit down and go on with their night like nothing happened.
- And be allowed to go on stage and make a speech afterward.
- The Oscars say they don’t condone violence, but they did condone it by allowing him to stay to accept his award.
- Being rich and famous permits you to do things normals like me can’t.
- I don’t see why LAPD needed to make a statement. We all know they didn’t plan to arrest Will Smith and I don’t think they should.
- Unless Chris Rock filed a complaint which we all knew wouldn’t happen.
- I feel bad for all of the award winners who were overshadowed by someone overreacting to a stupid joke.
- And the joke was pretty stupid.
- Also, I’m pretty sure Will Smith was just auditioning to play Juwan Howard in a movie.
Now you have my thoughts about this as they popped in my head along with the dumb joke at the end that I think is hilarious.
Your day is complete.