Another one of my regular posts I gave up on during my “hiatus.” This was my first full week back at work after the holidays and the Ravens were beat by the Titans last night. Those two combined with nothing really of note happening in my life will make finding a list of good challenging.
- My schedule worked out in a way that meant my exposure to difficult people was limited.
- My daughter is still home from college.
- Kentucky basketball won both games this week.
- They closed work early Tuesday so I was able to drive home in the snow while it was still light outside and got home a little early.
- I ignored housework on my Friday off and watched It 2, took a nap, read, and took the dog for a walk in the unseasonably warm weather.
- We had nice weather for the Ravens game last night.
I’m sure there are more, but that’s all I’ve got for now.
Generally a good week. Some of the same stuff I deal with on a weekly basis, but events kept me away from the worst of it this week.
- My son came home for dinner Monday night and it was the one night of the week my wife didn’t work late.
- I took notes for an event at work Tuesday night so I worked off hours and out of the branch.
- Leftover Mission BBQ from the event for me and the branch.
- Another out of branch training Wednesday meant being away from stressors and gelato at the farmer’s market after.
- People actually attended the true-crime thing I did at the library.
- Halloween at work is fun. People dress up and take life a little less seriously than usual.
- I was home and not at work Halloween night after three years in a row of working.
- I worked on Friday instead of Saturday this week. A full weekend off is always good.
- Dinner and drinks out with friends Friday night.
- Mowed for probably the last time for the season on Saturday.
No out of branch stuff this week to break up my time but I am flying to Kentucky Saturday morning si I have something to look forward to.
This week was kind of a blur with a little bit of illness(just a cold) and a lot of travel to work outside my typical workplace. I think it was mostly a good week.
- Both kids were home for dinner and our usual game of Life on Sunday.
- The Ravens beat the Seahawks and are 5-2.
- A phone call Tuesday made me feel better about a situation.
- An all afternoon training Wednesday took me out of the branch and meant gelato from the farmer’s market on break.
- I had another out of branch meeting Thursday and then took leave after and got home early.
- I was able to leave early Friday to try to get over my cold before an all-day event on Saturday
- Books for the Beast was yesterday. It is one of my favorite work-related things I do.
- Elizabeth Acevedo and Alex London were the speakers and they were really good.
- Free lunch and breakfast, spending the day discussing books and seeing friends. It was a good day.
- Kentucky beat Missouri last night and have a better shot at a bowl game now.
I don’t know what the coming week will bring. There are still forces out there trying to make my days unhappy. Those forces aren’t going anywhere. I just need to cope until I can change my situation.
I don’t really have much to say in a lead up to today so let’s just get to it.
- We went to the Ravens game on Sunday. The Ravens won and the trains ran consistently enough to get us in and out without a problem.
- The weather was perfect for watching a football game.
- My son came home for dinner and Spiderman Monday night.
- My new person started at work on Tuesday so we are back to full staff again.
- We got some much-needed rain on Wednesday.
- My son came back Thursday night to go to food truck night with me.
- Friday was my day off from work so I got to rest a little.
- My daughter came home for the weekend on Friday.
- Kentucky basketball’s Blue/White scrimmage was Friday night.
- That means we’ve reached the point of Kentucky basketball being on regularly.
It seemed like a long week. Probably because I worked Columbus Day for the first time in 25 years. I still think it is a good idea to open that day and close on Black Friday, but I did miss a random day off in October. Looking forward to the post-Halloween lead up to the holidays.
Well, that was a week. All the stress that was gone for a while came flooding right back in. Funny how that works. Still waiting on that rejection email, so that bad was delayed for another week. The Braves choked in the playoffs so baseball is dead to me for the year. Let’s see if I can find the good.
- The Ravens beat the Steelers and are back in first place for now.
- My son came home for dinner on Sunday night.
- There were a couple of days when the stress mysteriously disappeared.
- Kentucky basketball season officially started Friday night with Big Blue Madness.
- I worked Friday so that means I get two days in a row away from work after working 7 days in a row.
- It was a nice enough day yesterday to sit on the deck and finish my book.
- Kentucky football beat Arkansas last night.
That’s all I can come up with right now. I would like to say things might get better next week, but without a change in where I spend my days, I don’t think it will.
It was a week of feeling a little sick and a lot tired. A little sick and a lot tired but not able to take any time to try to get to 100%. There is always good to find.
- Both of my kids were home for dinner on Sunday night.
- My boss was still off all week.
- A meeting Wednesday afternoon meant a trip to the farmer’s market for gelato.
- It also meant a walk through my old branch to see friends again.
- Another out of branch meeting in the middle of the day on Thursday broke the day up and made it feel shorter.
- People at work who make a bad day a little better.
- Friday off meant a day of rest(after some cleaning) to watch TV and read.
- Playoff baseball on TV.
- The Braves won Friday so no sweep this year.
- I’m still enjoying doing the Saturday social media for work.
This week we go back to normal life at work with the boss’s return, I will likely get my rejection call from the promotion interview as well. I will have to work hard to find the good for next week’s post.
This past week is a blur. I don’t recall much. This might be a short one.
- My boss was still not at work.
- I got the stressful(and likely futile) promotion interview out of the way on Tuesday so my anxiety levels went down.
- A midday meeting on Thursday gave me the chance to take my lunch to go early to talk to friends at my old branch.
- They had leftover snacks from a party so I got free snacks while talking to friends.
- My daughter came home for the weekend.
- I have two days off in a row this weekend.
I was right. This was a short one.
A pretty decent week this week. Nothing spectacular, but nothing spectacularly bad either. Let’s see if I can remember any of it.
- My son came home and went to the Ravens game with me on Sunday.
- The Ravens won and the trains ran on schedule so it was easy to get to and from the game.
- My boss was on vacation and will still be on vacation this week.
- We are getting closer to being back to a full staff at work.
- Several nice weather days meant more time eating outside for work lunches.
- It also meant I spent time on my deck with coffee and a book on my Friday off.
- The Braves clinched the division and are officially headed to the playoffs.
- I went to see Dave Hause and the Mermaid in DC Friday night. They were very good and riding down with friends meant no driving in DC, no dealing with Metro, and no going to a concert alone as I usually do.
- My daughter was home for a night due to an appointment in the area.
- My son was home for dinner last night.
Wow. Getting to ten was easy this week. I need more weeks like this.
It’s another one of those weeks where I can’t really think of much that stood out. Most of my days are pretty much the same. I should do something to change that, but I’m old and tired.
- Football started Sunday and the Ravens won big.
- Both kids were home for dinner Sunday night.
- Interviews on Thursday mean I will be back to fully staffed soon.
- Interviews on Thursday also meant the ability to go see my friends at my former branch on my lunch break.
- Free Panera breakfast sandwich meant a relaxing breakfast out before work Friday.
- Work on Friday meant two days off in a row Saturday and Sunday.
- A relaxing Saturday day barely moving from the couch.
- A Saturday night with friends.
- The Braves beat the Nationals Friday and Saturday night.
- The Braves have now clinched a playoff spot.
My schedule for next week should mean an easier list of good things for this post. Let’s hope it stays that way.
I still didn’t keep notes from the week, so it’s another Sunday morning of searching my memory for good things that happened. Let’s see how I do.
- After a little bit of yard work on Sunday, I was able to spend some time relaxing.
- Monday was Labor Day. Any day I don’t have to go to work is a good day.
- I spent my day off reading, watching old movies, and doing as little as possible.
- All the cleaning n Saturday meant I could just relax on my Wednesday morning off without feeling like I should do something productive.
- The Braves started playing the Nationals Thursday so I’ve been able to watch their games.
- They’ve won all three games they’ve played so far and are now 10 games up and almost guaranteed to win the division.
- Friday was another day off. See #2 above.
- My daughter came home for the weekend and traffic to and from campus was not bad at all.
- Football is back.
- Every day is another day closer to retirement.