It was my first full week back to work after my trip. My schedule was weird. I didn’t sleep well. Let’s see if I can find some good.
- I did book promotions at a high school all day on Monday. I worked 7-3 instead of 9-5 so I got to avoid rush hour and have a longer afternoon at home. I prefer the early schedule to the 9-5.
- While I don’t think I’m very good at book promotions, a few kids did seem interested in a couple of the books I talked about, so maybe someone will read a book this summer because of me.
- The early schedule worked out well with y daughter’s car being repaired. We got the call that it was fixed and ready to be picked up right after I got home so we were able to get it and be home before traffic was terrible.
- My son presented his research at a poster session at a professional conference in Portland this week.
- My daughter got her job back at the local library for the summer.
- I had a meeting out of the branch on Tuesday(can you tell I like being out of the branch) with my grant group. I’ the most useless member of the group, but don’t act like I am.
- People came to the class on medical cannabis at my branch Wednesday afternoon and I had no complaints about the topic.
- I had free breakfast food or drink at three different places this week so I skipped my normal granola bar/bowl of cereal and had better food prepared by others. Krispy Kreme gave me two free donuts instead of one Friday.
- I was able to get stuff done around the house yesterday and still have time to relax and go to the local street festival with my daughter.
- I have no obligations today besides driving to the airport later.