This week finding the good is a little harder. I’m still not smart enough to write things down as they happen. Let’s see if I can find the good in the last seven days.
- As I mentioned in last week’s, both of my kids were home on Sunday. We all watched a movie and ate lunch together.
- We also used my daughter being home as an opportunity to early vote. It was a nice day and we got to the polls at a time when the line was relatively short.
- I had to work Halloween night, but I got to wear comfortable scrubs for my “doctor” costume and we were able to enjoy the slow night.
- I had a training at another branch on Thursday. It’s always nice to get out of the building, especially when the weather is nice.
- I had my first Friday off with no one else at home this week. I got bored after 8 hours, but it was nice to have a day to myself.
- I had another free breakfast item from on of my fast food apps so I started m day alone with breakfast out with my book.
- It was a nice enough day that I was able to take the dog for a walk and spend an hour on the deck finishing my book.
- There was Kentucky basketball on TV again Friday night.
- I was able to leave work early enough yesterday to watch the Kentucky/Georgia football game. Kentucky lost, but it’s been a great season with 10-2 and a New Year’s Day bowl game still in reach.
- It’s going to be a nice day to be at the stadium watching a football game today.
Hopefully, this week will be one with so many good things this post will be easy.
Guess what? I didn’t write stuff down again? Surprised? I didn’t think so. I can barely remember what I did this week. This will be fun.
- The Ravens have a home game today and it isn’t supposed to rain on us.
- No one has won the Mega Millions yet, so I still have a shot.
- Two people actually came to the library specifically to watch the movie I was showing. The first two I just got people who were in the library already and heard the announcement.
- The weather has been nice enough to allow me to eat lunch outside every day this week.
- There is some sort of Kentucky basketball on every week from now until March.
- Kentucky football won again last night and is 6-1.
- Another weekend with one of my kids coming home for dinner. It helps that he plays frisbee close by so it’s easy for him to come over for free food, but I will take it.
- I have multiple free coffees available at Panera, so I have an excuse to go there to read and have some coffee before work.
- For some strange reason, people keep reading this blog.
- I started using the screen time feature on IOS 12 and it has made me more aware of how many times I pick up my phone during the day. This has resulted in my average screen time going down this week. I needed that.
Have a good week. Maybe this is the week I start noting good things as they happen.
I’m going to have to start writing things down during the week so I can remember them for these posts. I’m sure many good things happened over the week, but looking back it all seems either boring or stressful at first glance. The following will be me doing my best to remember 10 good things while typing.
- It stopped raining! It hasn’t rained since early Friday morning and there is no significant rain in the forecast for several days.
- It is also nice and cool out this weekend. I sat on my deck reading for a couple of hours yesterday. I need more days like that.
- I went out with friends last night. I used to see them every day at work and now it is at most monthly. It was good to spend time with them and also good to not be sitting at home on the couch.
- Speaking of sitting on the couch – the fall TV season started. If you read the blog, you know I’m a big TV guy. I’ve enjoyed watching the new shows and having new episodes of my favorite returning shows.
- The Kentucky football team is now 5-0 and is fun to watch.
- The baseball playoffs start this week and I have a reason to care about them as long as Atlanta is there. I miss caring about post-season baseball.
- People actually came to the first session of my new book club at work so I wasn’t sitting alone in a room.
- After a week or so struggling to want to read, I’ve finally got a book that makes me want to keep reading.
- More people keep regularly reading my blog. It’s good to know I’m not just talking to myself.
- Both kids are doing well. My son has turned in his grad school application and will graduate in December. My daughter has found a good group of friends at school and is enjoying the college experience.
That was harder than it should have been.
Support my Blogging Habit – Click here to support my blogging habit(or buy me some Starbucks to drink while writing.)
A blogger friend does a weekly gratitude post. I decided that something similar would be good practice to remind myself that even in the bad weeks I should try to find the good. So, here is the first in the possible new weekly “What’s Good in Tater Town” series.
- Both of my kids came home for a few hours this week. Different day than the other, but both were here.
- I was able to take some last-minute time off to rest after a long couple of weeks at work.
- I met with our new CEO on Friday and she didn’t fire me on the spot.
- We had some days without rain this week and I was able to mow my lawn before I needed a tractor.
- The Braves clinched the NL East and are going to the playoffs for the first time since 2013.
- Kentucky football beat #14 Mississippi State last night and are 4-0. 2-0 in the SEC for the first time in a very long time.
- My fantasy football team is 2-0.
- I’m on the second day of my first full weekend off in three weeks.
- It’s raining, but my wife still plans to pity me and go to the Ravens game with me today.
- Cooler, less humid weather is here.
Ten seems a good goal for each week. Hopefully, I won’t have weeks where I struggle to come up with that many.
Click here if you would like to suport my blogging habit or buy me a cup of coffee.