I can’t believe it’s the last day of February already. I’m looking forward to the nice spring weather. Here’s the good from last week.
- Dinner with both kids again Sunday night.
- My daughter stayed home for the week since her school was on a one week Covid sequester.
- Her being home meant less alone time in the afternoons.
- I got the nerve to submit writing to something other than my blog Monday. It wasn’t great writing and I have no expectations, but it was a big step for me.
- Driving my daughter to campus for her regular required Covid test got me out of the house Tuesday.
- Warm enough weather for me to read on the front porch a little.
- Out of the house again Thursday for my first weekly shift delivering food boxes for my church.
- More free birthday food. This time Red Robin burgers.
- This actually should have been in another week, but my son was accepted to grad school at University of Maryland.
That’s all I can remember from this week. Here comes March.
This was my birthday week so the good will mostly revolve around food. Still some free food coming. Here’s the good.
- Monday was a federal holiday so I used that as an excuse to relax more.
- Dinner with both kids Monday night.
- Free Starbucks drink and Panera pastry for breakfast Tuesday
- I spent my birthday afternoon catching up on WandaVision.
- Free Mission BBQ for dinner Tuesday.
- Free Dunkin drink Wednesday morning.
- My MIL got her second dose of the vaccine.
- Free Firehouse subs sandwich for dinner Wednesday night.
- For some strange reason the blog had over 300 views over a couple of days at the end of the week.
- Kentucky beat Tennessee yesterday.
That’s it for this week. Looking forward to some warm days coming soon.
It’s already the end of January. Time is just flying by. I just finished my first week with no work and no kids at home. Let’s find the good.
- Dinner with my son Sunday night.
- Watched the ALA Youth Media Awards Monday morning.
- My first three days of writing were productive.
- I averaged 1000 words a day on the jail thing and wrote a blog post each day.
- My MIL got her first vaccine dose this week.
- I got a ton of the award winning books from the library.
- More free coffee from Dunkin.
- Went for a walk every day even when it was frigid.
- Surprise copy of Broken by Jenny Lawson in the mail yesterday.
- Dinner with my son again last night.
- New SNL.
- It’s snowing and we will actually get a decent amount this time. I will ignore that it took me having nowhere to go anyway before we got snow day level snow.
That’s all for this week. Now I hope I can spend the day on the couch watching movies and enjoying the snow out the window.
Another week of much of the same with added stress of the election added in. let’s find the good.
- Really nice weather this week.
- Food trucks on Thursday.
- I saw my son.
- I watched Jenny Lawson do an online author talk Friday night.
- I did volunteer work Saturday morning.
- They gave us a box lunch to take home when we were done.
- The election was called for Biden yesterday.
That’s it for this week.
Click here to support my writing or buy me a cup of coffee
November already. This year seems both never ending and very quick. Another week that makes me want to cry at the thought of leaving the house. Something needs to change. Let’s find the good.
- Everyone is still healthy
- No Ravens game last week, but fantasy football gives me a reason to care about random games.
- I saw my son twice this week.
- I saw my daughter this week.
- I was able to early vote without too much of a wait.
- A few more of my TV shows I like are back.
- We had some trick or treaters last night. I needed that brief period of normalcy.
- John Mulaney hosted SNL last night.
That’s all for this week,
Another week of dealing with all the stuff I’ve mentioned over and over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Let’s find the good.
- Ravens football on Sunday afternoon.
- Dinner with my son.
- Nice weather all week.
- I took Wednesday off due to a morning and an afternoon appointment.
- The morning appointment was canceled so I had most of the day off to relax.
- More new TV this week.
- Virtual pub quiz Thursday night.
- One last nice weather day Saturday to get yard work done.
- Kentucky football game was bad, but gave me an excuse to sit in the couch and watch football.
That’s all I can think of right now. No Ravens game today and it’s raining all day. Sounds like a good day to sit on the couch and read whole random football games are on TV.
Click here to buy me a coffee and support my writing
Another week of not so good. Lets see what good I can find.
- Another win for the Ravens.
- The Braves series started out good and I have one more day before I’m done with baseball for the year.
- Dinner with my son.
- Saw some friends via zoom in an online training.
- Amazing Race is back in TV.
- My daughter has made it through 2 months back to college without any illness.
- Kentucky beat Tennessee in Knoxville for the first time since 1984.
That’s all I can think of this week.
The sad part where I post a link to where you can support the blog or buy me a cup of coffee
A week with a promising start ended with me being more stressed than I’ve been in weeks. Let’s try to find the good.
- Ravens best the Washington Football Team.
- Family dinner and game of Life.
- The Walking Dead season finale finally aired.
- The beginning of the week was blissfully free of toxic people.
- Braves baseball on TV.
- A Braves sweep and now more Braves baseball coming.
- Good walking weather.
- A handful of new TV to watch.
- Kentucky won last night.
- One more day of freedom.
Click here to buy me a coffee or support my blogging.
I don’t really have much to say in a lead up to today so let’s just get to it.
- We went to the Ravens game on Sunday. The Ravens won and the trains ran consistently enough to get us in and out without a problem.
- The weather was perfect for watching a football game.
- My son came home for dinner and Spiderman Monday night.
- My new person started at work on Tuesday so we are back to full staff again.
- We got some much-needed rain on Wednesday.
- My son came back Thursday night to go to food truck night with me.
- Friday was my day off from work so I got to rest a little.
- My daughter came home for the weekend on Friday.
- Kentucky basketball’s Blue/White scrimmage was Friday night.
- That means we’ve reached the point of Kentucky basketball being on regularly.
It seemed like a long week. Probably because I worked Columbus Day for the first time in 25 years. I still think it is a good idea to open that day and close on Black Friday, but I did miss a random day off in October. Looking forward to the post-Halloween lead up to the holidays.
Well, that was a week. All the stress that was gone for a while came flooding right back in. Funny how that works. Still waiting on that rejection email, so that bad was delayed for another week. The Braves choked in the playoffs so baseball is dead to me for the year. Let’s see if I can find the good.
- The Ravens beat the Steelers and are back in first place for now.
- My son came home for dinner on Sunday night.
- There were a couple of days when the stress mysteriously disappeared.
- Kentucky basketball season officially started Friday night with Big Blue Madness.
- I worked Friday so that means I get two days in a row away from work after working 7 days in a row.
- It was a nice enough day yesterday to sit on the deck and finish my book.
- Kentucky football beat Arkansas last night.
That’s all I can come up with right now. I would like to say things might get better next week, but without a change in where I spend my days, I don’t think it will.