Another week of dealing with all the stuff I’ve mentioned over and over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Let’s find the good.
- Ravens football on Sunday afternoon.
- Dinner with my son.
- Nice weather all week.
- I took Wednesday off due to a morning and an afternoon appointment.
- The morning appointment was canceled so I had most of the day off to relax.
- More new TV this week.
- Virtual pub quiz Thursday night.
- One last nice weather day Saturday to get yard work done.
- Kentucky football game was bad, but gave me an excuse to sit in the couch and watch football.
That’s all I can think of right now. No Ravens game today and it’s raining all day. Sounds like a good day to sit on the couch and read whole random football games are on TV.
Click here to buy me a coffee and support my writing
Another week of not so good. Lets see what good I can find.
- Another win for the Ravens.
- The Braves series started out good and I have one more day before I’m done with baseball for the year.
- Dinner with my son.
- Saw some friends via zoom in an online training.
- Amazing Race is back in TV.
- My daughter has made it through 2 months back to college without any illness.
- Kentucky beat Tennessee in Knoxville for the first time since 1984.
That’s all I can think of this week.
The sad part where I post a link to where you can support the blog or buy me a cup of coffee
A week with a promising start ended with me being more stressed than I’ve been in weeks. Let’s try to find the good.
- Ravens best the Washington Football Team.
- Family dinner and game of Life.
- The Walking Dead season finale finally aired.
- The beginning of the week was blissfully free of toxic people.
- Braves baseball on TV.
- A Braves sweep and now more Braves baseball coming.
- Good walking weather.
- A handful of new TV to watch.
- Kentucky won last night.
- One more day of freedom.
Click here to buy me a coffee or support my blogging.
I don’t really have much to say in a lead up to today so let’s just get to it.
- We went to the Ravens game on Sunday. The Ravens won and the trains ran consistently enough to get us in and out without a problem.
- The weather was perfect for watching a football game.
- My son came home for dinner and Spiderman Monday night.
- My new person started at work on Tuesday so we are back to full staff again.
- We got some much-needed rain on Wednesday.
- My son came back Thursday night to go to food truck night with me.
- Friday was my day off from work so I got to rest a little.
- My daughter came home for the weekend on Friday.
- Kentucky basketball’s Blue/White scrimmage was Friday night.
- That means we’ve reached the point of Kentucky basketball being on regularly.
It seemed like a long week. Probably because I worked Columbus Day for the first time in 25 years. I still think it is a good idea to open that day and close on Black Friday, but I did miss a random day off in October. Looking forward to the post-Halloween lead up to the holidays.
Well, that was a week. All the stress that was gone for a while came flooding right back in. Funny how that works. Still waiting on that rejection email, so that bad was delayed for another week. The Braves choked in the playoffs so baseball is dead to me for the year. Let’s see if I can find the good.
- The Ravens beat the Steelers and are back in first place for now.
- My son came home for dinner on Sunday night.
- There were a couple of days when the stress mysteriously disappeared.
- Kentucky basketball season officially started Friday night with Big Blue Madness.
- I worked Friday so that means I get two days in a row away from work after working 7 days in a row.
- It was a nice enough day yesterday to sit on the deck and finish my book.
- Kentucky football beat Arkansas last night.
That’s all I can come up with right now. I would like to say things might get better next week, but without a change in where I spend my days, I don’t think it will.
It was a week of feeling a little sick and a lot tired. A little sick and a lot tired but not able to take any time to try to get to 100%. There is always good to find.
- Both of my kids were home for dinner on Sunday night.
- My boss was still off all week.
- A meeting Wednesday afternoon meant a trip to the farmer’s market for gelato.
- It also meant a walk through my old branch to see friends again.
- Another out of branch meeting in the middle of the day on Thursday broke the day up and made it feel shorter.
- People at work who make a bad day a little better.
- Friday off meant a day of rest(after some cleaning) to watch TV and read.
- Playoff baseball on TV.
- The Braves won Friday so no sweep this year.
- I’m still enjoying doing the Saturday social media for work.
This week we go back to normal life at work with the boss’s return, I will likely get my rejection call from the promotion interview as well. I will have to work hard to find the good for next week’s post.
This past week is a blur. I don’t recall much. This might be a short one.
- My boss was still not at work.
- I got the stressful(and likely futile) promotion interview out of the way on Tuesday so my anxiety levels went down.
- A midday meeting on Thursday gave me the chance to take my lunch to go early to talk to friends at my old branch.
- They had leftover snacks from a party so I got free snacks while talking to friends.
- My daughter came home for the weekend.
- I have two days off in a row this weekend.
I was right. This was a short one.
A pretty decent week this week. Nothing spectacular, but nothing spectacularly bad either. Let’s see if I can remember any of it.
- My son came home and went to the Ravens game with me on Sunday.
- The Ravens won and the trains ran on schedule so it was easy to get to and from the game.
- My boss was on vacation and will still be on vacation this week.
- We are getting closer to being back to a full staff at work.
- Several nice weather days meant more time eating outside for work lunches.
- It also meant I spent time on my deck with coffee and a book on my Friday off.
- The Braves clinched the division and are officially headed to the playoffs.
- I went to see Dave Hause and the Mermaid in DC Friday night. They were very good and riding down with friends meant no driving in DC, no dealing with Metro, and no going to a concert alone as I usually do.
- My daughter was home for a night due to an appointment in the area.
- My son was home for dinner last night.
Wow. Getting to ten was easy this week. I need more weeks like this.
It’s another one of those weeks where I can’t really think of much that stood out. Most of my days are pretty much the same. I should do something to change that, but I’m old and tired.
- Football started Sunday and the Ravens won big.
- Both kids were home for dinner Sunday night.
- Interviews on Thursday mean I will be back to fully staffed soon.
- Interviews on Thursday also meant the ability to go see my friends at my former branch on my lunch break.
- Free Panera breakfast sandwich meant a relaxing breakfast out before work Friday.
- Work on Friday meant two days off in a row Saturday and Sunday.
- A relaxing Saturday day barely moving from the couch.
- A Saturday night with friends.
- The Braves beat the Nationals Friday and Saturday night.
- The Braves have now clinched a playoff spot.
My schedule for next week should mean an easier list of good things for this post. Let’s hope it stays that way.
Wow. I can’t believe I just typed a September date. The year is winding down. Here’s hoping it’s a good end of the year in Tater Town. On to this week. Do you think I took notes? Of course, I didn’t.
- We had nice, cool weather to start the week. I almost needed a jacket to sit outside at lunch on Monday.
- Random free drink from Panera meant a relaxing morning with a latte, bagel, and book before work.
- Retirement party for my former boss meant a trip to my old branch Thursday.
- Retirement party meant spending the afternoon with friends I don’t see a lot anymore.
- I took leave after the party and got home earlier than normal.
- Kentucky won their first football game of the season.
- The Braves have maintained their lead in the division.
- Book club last night meant more time with friends.
That’s all for this week. There might have been more, but it was overshadowed by work stuff. I really need to take notes.