It was a slow transition back to the real world. I was sick when I got back from Kentucky. I had to sell my tickets to the last Ravens home game of the season. I didn’t do my Monday or Tuesday barn shift. I spent the first three days on the couch. Let’s see if there was any good.
- My daughter spent most of the first two days home with friends so I had an empty house for my recovery and she didn’t have to deal with a sick person.
- I did force myself to rest and recover instead of feeling like I needed to do things around the house.
- I started feeling a little better Monday night and was able to start eating real food again.
- I felt almost normal Wednesday but still spent the day resting and reading.
- All of the time on the couch meant I was able to finish my Stephen King book I got for Christmas.
- I felt good enough Thursday night to get my free sandwich at Mission BBQ.
- I returned to the farm for my shift on Friday. It was good to be out in the fresh air doing physical labor after weeks of being a slug.
- They gave all of the barn leads a Christmas gift. I got mine Friday. Insulated gloves with my initials on them.
- Hours of binging Ginny & Georgia with my daughter.
- My last days of drinking free coffee at Panera while reading my book.
That’s all I’ve got for this week. Hope yours was a good one.