I’m a little late with this one. I didn’t post at all during the holidays and then I was too tired to deal with it yesterday. Here is the good I can remember from the past year. I’m sure there was more good than I can remember.
- I started volunteering at Maryland Therapeutic Riding in January. It was good to find a place to go and feel useful after a year of struggling to find a direction after I left the library world.
- I continued to participate in a community book club. I don’t think I will ever hang out with anyone from the group outside of book club, but it is nice to have a reason to get out of the house and talk to other people.
- My daughter graduated from college in May. I was happy about that milestone and happy that she got to have a normal commencement. It was a good week of celebrating.
- She was able to go to Rome and Athens with a friend after graduation. She was supposed to study abroad in Rome, but the pandemic canceled that. I was happy she got a chance to visit.
- In June I was able to fly home to Kentucky to go to my nephew’s wedding shower. Trips home always make things better and I was happy to be there to celebrate with him.
- My daughter has moved back home for now which makes life a little less lonely.
- We went back to Kentucky in July for our annual family trip. The day at my brother’s when everyone comes over and we hang out at the pool is my favorite day of the year.
- We returned to Kentucky in July for my nephew’s wedding. It was a fun time at the wedding and it was great to get so many extra trips home.
- We ended the year with another nice visit to Kentucky to spend time with family.
Those are the highlights. I hope your year was a good one.