I’m home alone until Thursday and not in LA with my wife and daughter. I won’t have AC until Friday. It is supposed to be the mid-90s this week. It seems like the perfect time to look back at the good from the last couple of weeks instead of ahead to this week.
- We left our no AC house last Tuesday to spend a week with family(who have AC).
- Both kids traveled with us.
- As I wrote when I returned, it was a nice mix of rest and activity.
- Knowing where we planned to eat while in town, I signed up for the apps and ended up with a free burger from both places.
- The river was the perfect speed for a day of kayaking.
- I won one family cornhole tournament and was second in another.
- It’s always good to spend a few days just having fun with family.
- The storms were ahead of us on our drive back to Maryland so we didn’t have to drive in really bad weather.
- The storms yesterday kept the temperatures down so the house has been comfortable.
- Being home alone means less of a reason for me to do more than sit on the couch in front of the fan.
That’s all for this week. Hope yours was a good one.