Now that I am out of the book world, instead of a summer reading list. I am making a summer TV list. I am a bit late but better late than never.
Here is a list of shows I want to try this summer.
- Umbrella Academy – The third season starts today. I feel like I watched an episode or two with my wife and then never went back. It’s one of those that were lost to the idea that I was waiting for her to watch with me when she didn’t want to watch it. On Netflix.
- Barry – This is another one I tried and didn’t give enough of a chance. My son loves it and I’ve heard the latest season is very good. On HBO MAX.
- Succession – I thought the previews for it looked boring, but it gets rave reviews. Also, I called that Nicholas Braun was going to be big back when he was in the Disney movies my kids liked. On HBO MAX
- Moon Knight – While I have not watched the Netflix Marvel shows, I have tried to keep current with the new shows on Disney Plus. I never got to this one and I’m always afraid the shows will have stuff in them that I will need to fully enjoy the next Marvel show or movie.
- Only Murders in the Building – I love Steve Martin and Martin Short. I love Selena Gomez. I’ve loved all of the interviews I’ve seen them do together. This show was made for me. I didn’t watch because the Hulu app was crap on my fire stick. Now it seems to work, so I need to watch this one.
- Station Eleven – Loved the book but never got around to the HBO MAX mini-series based on it. A limited series is nice. We need more of those.
- The Boys – Another one my son loves that I need to watch. I like superhero shows. I like darker shows. Seems perfect for me. Prime also sucks on my main TV so I am behind on shows there as well.
- Reacher – I actually liked the Tom Cruise movies, but I didn’t read the books so I didn’t care about the size issues. I do like the actor they picked for the show and it got good reviews. This is one my wife would probably want to watch, so it will be delayed, On Prime.
- 1883 – We love Yellowstone so we should watch the prequel. I tend to forget about the originals on Paramount Plus. This is another one my wife would want to watch with me.
- Ozark – I like Jason Bateman and people seemed surprised when I say I didn’t watch it. I guess I should give it a shot. On Netflix.
I will be home alone again for several days in July . I can probably finish at least one of these then. Any suggestions for which one to watch first?