I started the week in Kentucky and ended it late last night picking my daughter up after her return from Greece. Here’s a look at the good.
- My last two days in Kentucky were relaxing. I had no place I needed to be and nothing I needed to do so I relaxed and read a lot.
- Even though my departure was delayed by over 30 minutes Tuesday night, I only arrived back home 10 minutes late.
- There was a bar at my gate at the Nashville airport. That was convenient.
- I had several books I had been waiting for on hold for me at the library when I returned.
- Except for a couple of loads of laundry and my food delivery Thursday morning, I had two more somewhat relaxing days after I returned.
- I was trained to do facilities work at MTR Friday morning. I will now be replacing my Saturday shift with a Monday morning shift of dragging the arenas and driving the tractor around to do other jobs. I am a little stressed that after one shift shadowing someone they want me to do it alone tomorrow.
- I did another new shift Friday afternoon where I was the only volunteer on-site and my only job was walking horses back and forth from the field to the barn.
- We went to see Top Gun: Maverick yesterday. It was the first movie I’ve seen in a theater in a long time. I loved it.
- My daughter arrived home safely from her trip to Rome and Athens. She was one of the last to be required to have a negative Covid test to return.
- Today is my son’s birthday.
That was my week. Hope yours was a good one.