This has been a frustrating writing period for me. I have had several days where I just couldn’t find a topic that I cared enough to write about. I have had days where I attempted to write about a topic and couldn’t get it right. Adding to the frustration. the weekly book prompt I usually use on Medium was not updated this week. It has made me consider a change to my process that should have happened years ago.
I have always been the type of blogger who writes whatever pops in my head when I open the app. It has mostly worked. I still post most days. Some days are harder than others. Some posts are very low quality because of this.
I have added some structure. I do the daily “What’s on TV” post. I have the weekly recap of what I read and watched. I do my weekly “What’s Good” post. I do my monthly recap of what I read. Now I need to add planning.
I can’t always rely on a good blog idea to pop in my head in the morning. Especially now that I’m home most of the time. It also makes sense to do so if I’m also trying to make a little money writing on Medium.
A small list of how I can make life easier and the blog better:
- make note of writing ideas I have when walking or driving.
- put those ideas into a blog topic schedule
- but leave room to push those when I wake up with another idea I want to write that day
- decide which work for here, Medium, or both
- do more writing of drafts in the afternoon instead of only writing in the morning
I’m hoping some of these will help with my writing process. Any other suggestions are welcome.