Before the list, I wanted to share the link to the publication I started on Medium.
Reading is a Novel Idea – naming credit goes to my brother
I will put any book-related posts on Medium in this publication. Right now it is just me, but someday I might ask others if they would like to add stories there.
Now the good.
- Monday was a federal holiday so my wife was off work. We took a long walk at the nature preserve in the nice warm weather.
- We got our free birthday sandwiches at Mission BBQ.
- I also got my free birthday burger and fries from Steak and Shake.
- Another nice day on Wednesday meant reading outside for the first time in a while.
- First in-person meeting of the community book club Thursday night. It was nice to be out of the house and around other people even though they were complete strangers.
- The substitute barn lead Friday morning seemed to think I was still new enough to be leery of being in the stall with a horse so I was assigned easier, fun jobs like feeding the baby goats and filling hay bags instead of shoveling poop.
- Successfully completed my first solo grooming of a horse(under supervision)
- The top 6 teams in college basketball lost yesterday so UK’s loss turned out to not be so bad.
- New music from Bowling For Soup.
- Both kids were here for dinner last night.
That’s is for the week. Hope yours was a good one.