If not for this prompt I would not have noticed that I had the date wrong on my first two posts this morning. I usually look at the date to make sure I have it right. I guess I was not quite awake this morning when I started. Anyway, on to the post.
I’m not sure I have one cause I am passionate about. I donate to charities and my church. I volunteer. I don’t have one cause, though, that stands above the rest. So, I will list a few causes I have supported over the years.
- I used to do the polar bear plunge every year to raise money for Special Olympics. My kids also did this through their school.
- I ran Warrior Dash twice and raised money for St Judes.
- We have donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation when my daughter has done the walk with a friend and then through the friend when my daughter couldn’t be at the walk.
- I do weekly deliveries for the Backpack Buddies program at my church where kids get backpacks full of food to take home to help their families.
- I will start as a regular volunteer this week at Maryland Therapeutic Riding.
There are other various things I have done over the years, but these are the ones I have spent the most time and/or money on.