I’m back from my Christmas break from real life. I thought I would take a look back at what was good in 2021.
- We are all healthy.
- My kids had a regular semester of college.
- I no longer have a shitty job where I work for shitty people.
- I have started making a tiny bit of money writing on Medium.
- We were able to take our regular summer trip to visit family in Kentucky.
- We spent a few days at a resort in Cancun over the summer.
- We got to DC to see the Braves play the Nationals.
- The Braves won the World Series.
- Kentucky football was good again and won the Citrus Bowl.
- Kentucky basketball is fun again.
- I was about to go back to Ravens games.
- I did a month of volunteer work in November and found a place where I plan to volunteer regularly.
- My family survived the Bowling Green tornadoes with no damage or injuries.
- We were able to spend Christmas in Kentucky with family.
- I got to go to two Kentucky basketball games while we were in Lexington.
- One of those was the game where they honored Tubby Smith.
- We made it home safely.
I know 2021 was not the greatest of years for a lot of people, but I’m sure everyone can look back and find some good. It’s important to find the good instead of focusing on the bad.
Here’s to an even better 2022.