It is Thanksgiving week. I decided to embrace the positive and do one of those sappy “what I’m thankful for” posts. I hope you can recover from your shock enough to actually read the list.
- I am thankful that we have made it to this point of the Covid era without any of us getting sick.
- I am thankful that my kids both still live close enough that I can see them regularly.
- I am thankful that my kids were able to have a normal college experience this semester.
- I am thankful that my daughter is home for a week for the holiday.
- I am thankful that I no longer have a shitty job where I work for shitty people.
- I am thankful that I am in a place where I didn’t have to jump into another shitty job working for shitty people to pay the bills.
- I am thankful for the people who regularly read my mediocre blog.
- I am thankful for the tiny amount of money I’ve made recently from writing on Medium.
It has been a challenging almost two years. Even this pessimist thinks it is important to pause and think about the good things. Take the time this Thanksgiving to remember and be thankful for the good that still exists.