Timehop reminded me today that it has been four years since our last trip to NYC. I love NYC and have no idea when I might get back.
A friend from high school is going to be in Kentucky next week and a group is getting together for lunch on Sunday. I will be here, 600 miles away.
I have traveled a little over the past couple of years. We have done trips to Kentucky to see family. We spent some time in Cancun in August. So, I haven’t spent all of my time in the same place. It feels like it though.
I think it feels like it for a few reasons.
- I spend most of my time in my house.
- My wife has traveled for work or to see her mom several times recently.
- My son has traveled to a couple of places recently.
- Friends have posted travel photos on social media.
- My wide is likely leaving for Kentucky a week earlier than me for Christmas.
I don’t think this will change any time soon. Thanksgiving is next week and we always celebrate at home. Then we will only have a month before I head to Kentucky for the holidays.
I will need something to look forward to after the holidays. Maybe I should plan on a solo trip to Kentucky in late January.
I might need to consider going to a library or a coffee shop to write a few times a week.
I think a change of scenery is needed to jump-start my brain and get me going again.