I finally spent some time this week looking fot the bluetooth keyboard I knew was somewhere in the house. I looked in the spot where it used to live and it was not there. I checkd other likely locations. Nothing. My wife then checked her collection of things to possibly donate and there it was.
I plugged it in and charged it up, but could not get it to work. This morning, I told my wife I couldn’t get it to work. She asked if I had read the instructions. I think we all know the answer to that question. I looked at the instructions and in 30 seconds found what I had done wrong. The keyboard connected immediately to my iPad.
The keyboard was made for a smaller iPad. Mine does not fit in the case but I do have something else we use for Zoom and other meetings to hold the iPad in an upright position. Combining that with the keyboard works great.
This still means working mostly from the app and not the website, but I think I can get used to that. Whenever I do get the laptop back I might still write with this setup. I will use the laptop to do things that work best in a non-mobile setup.
I feel much better about my writing life now.