This was my week back from vacation. My week back to an empty nest. My week of a couple of days home alone with my wife back at the office. It was a big change. Was there good? Let’s find out.
- Both of my kids are back to normal in-person classes at college.
- I managed to balance work around the house and rest on my two days home alone.
- Free coffee at Dunkin on Monday.
- Free hoagie at Wawa on Tuesday.
- The remnants of Ida generally spared us. We got 2-3 inches of rain, but the tornado in our county was 20 miles south of us.
- Very nice weather post-Ida. Windows open at night and time reading on the deck. I’ve missed that.
- Free donuts at Dunkin and Krispy Kreme on Friday.
- Kentucky football on TV yesterday afternoon and it was a win.
- Kentucky finally has a QB who can throw the ball downfield.
- I’ve accepted my fate of waking up way early with the dog and watched a movie this morning while the world was quiet.
Not a bad week. I hope yours was a good one.