It turns out the first week back from Kentucky is hard even when I don’t have to go back to The Bad Place. It is sad to go from days full of family back to regular life. Let’s look at the good from the week.
- My TV and Internet service was restored on the afternoon of the 4th.
- My neighbors did a good fireworks display so I got a show without leaving my house.
- The whole FIOS debacle at least led to us upgrading our service. Our Internet speeds are really low right now and that will change.
- I replaced the part of my trimmer. The part was only $4. Much better than replacing the entire thing.
- Surprise BOGO from Chipotle.
- A trip to the library also meant seeing more friends I had not seen in a while.
- Elsa shifted to the east and we only got some showers and little wind.
- In person book club Friday night.
- We have replaced the TV that was fried during the storm with a smaller, but better TV.
That is all I can remember. Looking ahead it seems another uneventful week is looming. I am going to try to make note of goods as they happen.