Thoughts While I’m Stuck in Writer’s Block

I’ve been having difficulty with my attempted memoir and finding it difficult to move forward with it. I’ve been thinking about other things I could do with writing/blogging or other things.

I’ve looked online at places that accept writing like personal essays. I’m not sure I will ever feel confident enough to submit.

I did submit my one dumb little poem I wrote to a place today. I know it won’t be something they want, but I thought actually submitting something would help me get the nerve to do it again.

WordPress tells me I can start a podcast with my account. Even though I hate the sound of my voice, I actually thought “I could start a podcast” I will not actually start a podcast.

I have considered the possibility of doing Zoom talks with people “Tater Talks” and recording them for a YouTube channel. I could probably get a couple of musicians and authors to do it. I even have a thought to start with an interview with my sibling about me just to test the waters. I will never have the courage to do this.

I start a new volunteer thing tomorrow which will give me an hour or so a week out of the house driving around and listening to music.

I’m doing yoga in the mornings now.

A lot of thinking. A lot of planning things I will never do. Not a lot of writing.

11 thoughts on “Thoughts While I’m Stuck in Writer’s Block

1. Remedial Stitcher February 24, 2021 / 2:31 pm

I’m glad you found a volunteer thing and are doing yoga in the mornings. Those are good things.

• theycallmetater February 24, 2021 / 2:44 pm

Yeah. I need to make sure I’m consistent with the yoga. The volunteer thing is easy to stick with as it is a weekly delivery

2. LA February 24, 2021 / 9:14 pm

I’ve been considering the podcast idea. Did you try it?

• LA February 24, 2021 / 9:16 pm

I thought about it for today’s post, then I chickened out. Do you know how it works? I haven’t read the info

• theycallmetater February 24, 2021 / 9:17 pm

I browsed it but not closely. It seems like there is an option to record your own voice or have your post converted to audio after you write it

• LA February 24, 2021 / 9:28 pm

I just recorded one, but I’m clueless as to what I do with it

• LA February 24, 2021 / 9:35 pm

I don’t know the post publish thing. I don’t really listen to them, so when it’s published, where do you go? What aboit comments? First off, notice how I’ve made you the authority on this? Secondly, notice how I assume there are people out there waiting for a podcast if my blogs?

• LA February 25, 2021 / 7:40 am

😉I might try it. We will see. I hate my voice though, and I can’t imagine voice to text will give it the inflection I hear in my head when I write