Monday Again

Here I am again. Monday morning with an overwhelming sense of melancholy about having to leave the house.

Another Monday morning with no blog post ideas.

I saw on Twitter a discussion of how far in advance people schedule blog posts. There are people out there who have weeks worth of blog posts done and scheduled. I rarely have a blog post scheduled. If I do, it is usually the Wordless Wednesday post where all I am doing is picking pictures to share. I typically get my laptop or iPad and then write what comes to mind. I vomit out my words and hit publish. I’m sure no one is surprised by this.

Scheduled posts would help my Mondays. It’s hard to get in the mood to do much at all before work on Monday morning.

Sigh.

8 thoughts on “Monday Again

1. Zoewiezoe September 28, 2020 / 9:05 am

I am always boggled by post schedulers and organised folk who manage to turn blogging into something resembling work. Sure, I have some loose terms or blog brainfarts up in my drafts (usually just a title, word or sentence that struck my fancy) but that’s it.

I don’t get the notion that you need ideas. Or divine inspiration. I oftentimes just sit for a bit, stare into the void, think about what I’d want to read and then start typing on something silly, see where the texts take me.

Don’t make it into a monday chore…make it something casually fun, I’d say 🤭🥳

2. LA September 28, 2020 / 10:21 am

I could give you some ideas….

• LA September 28, 2020 / 11:39 am

Ok…think about a book, show or movie. Think of a message it does or doesn’t send, or how you would change it

3. AP2 September 28, 2020 / 10:41 am

I understand your frustration – I have far more ideas than I do the time to write them – often I start several blog posts before finishing them and forget to go back to them. My issue is much more about focusing and finishing than it is about ideas but the outcome is the same – I’m left writing and posting last min instead of scheduling them ahead of time. By the by if you’re struggling for ideas I suggest going for a walk – you’ll be surprised what pops into your head. Whenever I get one I type into my notes app on my phone and then refer to it when I sit down to write. I’d also say you shouldn’t force it – sometimes its good to take the day off from blogging! wishing you the best, AP2 🙏

• theycallmetater September 28, 2020 / 10:52 am

I need to take more notes. I also need to switch my writing time back to the evening now that my daughter is back in school and I have time alone after I clock out at 5.

• AP2 September 28, 2020 / 10:54 am

Yeah I like to write in the evenings – too many distractions in the morning when my boy is up!