It’s pretty easy to do one of these after a four day weekend and then a Friday off. It will get harder next week when I work a normal week and have no meetings out of the branch,
- As mentioned above, I had a four day weekend since Monday was a holiday and Tuesday was my birthday leave day.
- The kids were both here for dinner Sunday night and we went out to a good seafood place to celebrate my wife’s birthday.
- The free birthday food continued Monday with free subs at Firehouse subs.
- Tuesday was my day off alone. I watched TV, got my free birthday sandwich at Mission BBQ, and just relaxed and tried not to think about the stressful stuff.
- I didn’t work until 1 on Wednesday so I got a bonus few hours off before going back to work.
- I only had two days of work and then my Friday off because I worked Saturday.
- I went to Panera for my free birthday pastry. I also got coffee and sat and read for a little while.
- After some cleaning when I got home, I took some more time to relax and read. Those days make me long for retirement.
- One last stop Friday night on the free birthday food tour. This time and entree at Houlihans.
- One last week of limited exposure to toxic people.
One more day off today and then back to normal life.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit