I didn’t have time to write anything yesterday so my Super Bowl post is late and after everyone is finished talking about the Super Bowl. I’ve always been a little slow.
Pre-Game – Demi Lovato did a great job with the National Anthem. I’ve liked her since my kids watched her on Disney. I’m glad she seems to be doing well now. I thought the NFL 100 commercial followed by the kid running into the stadium live to deliver the ball was very good. I loved the NFL 100 video with all of the legends on the field. A great celebration of the sport’s past. All of the pre-game was very good.
The Game – My daughter texted me before the game to ask me who I wanted to win. I told her Kansas City, but I wasn’t completely invested in it and my opinion might change. She decided to cheer for them as well since it has been 50 years since they were in the Super Bowl. As the game went on I realized that I really was cheering for KC and will admit that I counted them out when the score was 20-10. I really thought the 49er defense was too good for the typical KC comeback. I was happy that the Mahomes magic was still alive and just needed a 10 point deficit before it activated. A couple of people have said they thought the game was boring until the end, but I don’t agree. I thought it was a good game and seemed to move quickly. I hope next year my team is there and I actually care about the results.
Halftime Show – A lot of people are clutching their pearls over the halftime show. Oh dear, those ladies aren’t wearing enough clothes! Don’t look Ethel! Why isn’t the show more family-friendly? Maybe next year we can get The Wiggles. That will be fun. I thought the show was very good. They are both very talented and a bilingual show in Miami was perfect. I felt old because I didn’t know who the rappers were, but overall I relly enjoyed it.
Commercials – Here is my definitive list of top 10 commerials:
- Jeep – Groundhog Day – Loved the movie. Perfect commercial for the day
- Tide – Charlie Day commercials – Maybe I just like Charlie Day, but I thought these were very good
- Google – Loretta – I usually only pick the funny ones, but this one came close to making me cry. Very well done.
- Rocket Mortgage – Jason Mamoa – I thought this was very funny. Insightful commentary, huh?
- Bud Light – Post Malone – Loved the end when he asked for pretzels.
- Doritos – Old Town Road – Loved the horse shaking its head no
- Amazon – Before Alexa – loved all of the other Alexas
- Mountain Dew – Bryan Cranston – Good Shining spoof
- Snickers – FIx the World – Loved the end when the people fell in
- Little Caesars – Sliced Bread – I probably remember this one more because I like Rainn Wilson, but it was good,
And now we are on the road to March Madness..
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit