Happy New Year Tater readers! I’m back with my yearly look at my reading. I was a bit down this year. It is the first time in a while that I have not reached my goal of 100 books read. There are several reasons for this: better TV, too much assigned reading, mental state, etc. Hoping for a change in 2020.
Top ten books read in no particular order
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- The Institute by Stephen King
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon
- Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams
- Full Throttle by Joe Hill
- Deposing Nathan by Zack Smedley
- Security by Gina Wohlsdorf
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Dry by Neil Shusterman
- Mobituaries by Mo Rocca
- On The Come Up by Angie Thomas
Book I would most recommend
This is a tough one. I would probably go with Wanderers by Chuck Wendig even though it is 800 pages long and most of my friends would never read one that long.
Worst Books I Finished
This is a tougher one. I gave a lot of books 3 stars this year. The only one I gave 2 stars was Target: Alex Cross, so I guess I will go with that.
Book I Dustbunnied
It looks like I finished every book I started this year.
Number of books read: 84
Number of pages read according to Goodreads: 28,795. According to that math that is 78.9 pages a day. That’s 10 pages a day less than last year, That means another 15 -20 minutes reading a day would get me back to where I want to be. Seems doable.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit