The decade is almost over. There have been all sorts of “best of” lists for the decade. I can’t remember enough stuff to do one of those. I can remember some milestones for me over the last 10 years.
- Two kids graduated from high school and we became empty-nesters. I’m still adjusting to all of that alone time. I think it would be easier if my time away from home wasn’t so depressing.
- I left the jail after 19 years. Some days I think that perhaps this wasn’t as good as I thought at the time. I might be happier today if I still had my jail schedule and a job where people trusted me to do my job and left me alone.
- My mom died. I still don’t think I’ve healed from that.
- I transferred to a different workplace about a month after that. Possible my biggest mistake ever.
- My son graduated from college and has a real job. He comes home for dinner most weeks. We see him more now than we did when he was in school.
- I started this blog and have been off and on with my posting. Hoping to get back to on in the new year.
- I went to the Super Bowl in New Orleans and watched my Ravens win after a power outage in the stadium delayed the game.
- We went to the Final Four in Indianapolis where I watched my undefeated Kentucky Wildcats lose to Wisconsin.
- We went to multiple interesting locations for my wife’s work.
- We went to Norway, England, and France to celebrate high school graduations.
- We traveled some inside the US.
Overall, it was a pretty good decade. The last three years or so of the decade have not been my friend. Here’s hoping the roaring 20’s turns things around.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit