I’m watching The Righteous Gemstones. This is the first episode with Walton Goggins. It made me think about what actors will always get me to watch a show or a movie. So, here’s a list.
- Walton Goggins – This is a relatively new one for me, but I’ve loved him n everything he’s done. I will watch The Unicorn this fall only because he is the start. The premise of the show with any other actor would probably make it a skip for me.
- Timothy Olyphant – I loved Justified. Olyphant and Goggins were really good in it. Like Goggins, Olyphant is also very good at comedy. I’m looking forward to his next project.
- Gary Cole – I watched Fam last year because of Gary Cole. The rest of the show was pretty terrible, but I watched because his scenes were so funny. I never watched Black-ish. I did watch some of Grown-ish. I will likely watch Mixed-ish this fall in part because of Cole’s involvement.
- Mark Paul Gosselaar – This one isn’t so much about the actor as much as it is his talent in picking good projects. It’s at the point now where if I see he is in a show I assume it will be pretty good. The was a recast and he is now the dad in Mixed-ish. With him and Gary Cole involved, it is a must-watch for me.
- Emma Stone – I know some people find her annoying, but I really like her and will watch what looks like a bad movie if she is in it. My favorite is still Easy A.
- Amber Stevens West – I watched another bad comedy last year hoping it would get better because I liked the stars. She was one of them. I will watch her next show no matter what it is. Hopefully, it will be better.
- Damon Wayans, Jr – He was the other star of the above show. I watched because I love the two of them. I enjoyed them on the show, but the writing was terrible. I wanted it to get better, but it didn’t. What a waste of talent.
I’m sure there are more, but that’s who I can think of right now. I left off a lot of major stars like The Rock, Keaunu and the like because it’s not exactly a revelation that someone would watch stuff because of them. Do you have people you watch no matter what?