Still struggling to write anything coherent. Some would say I’ve been struggling with that since I started this blog eleven years ago. Let’s see what random thoughts come out as I keep going today.
- Andrew Luck retired this week. He was 29 years old and had suffered multiple injuries and decided it was time to quit the game of football. Fans are mad. Sports people, looking at you Gottlieb, have terrible takes. As I wrote in this post you’ve gotta do what’s best for you and your family and that is all that matters. It doesn’t matter how much money Luck makes or how close the season is, he did what was best for him and that is the right thing to do.
- TMZ posted audio of a phone call that is allegedly DeMarcus Cousins telling the mother of his child that he will put a bullet in her head. Kentucky fans immediately started commenting on the posts making excuses for him. There is no excuse for doing this. I don’t care who you are, how much money you make, or where you played sports this is not OK and there is no excuse for it. Be better.
- Be careful being someone who is where they are supposed to be and does what you are supposed to do. People like to take advantage of that and will use that as an excuse to not be there and not do things. Also, no one will appreciate what you do and eventually you will feel like you are killing yourself for nothing. Take care of yourself and take a day here and there when you need it. If the place falls apart while you are gone maybe people will finally realize how good you are(probably not).
- Joe Walsh is challenging Trump in the primaries. Everyone, including democrats, jumped in immediately to talk about how he is just as bad as Trump. You might be right, but no one is asking you to vote for him if he beats Trump. We do need Republicans, regardless of who they are, to challenge him. He needs to spend time before the general election defending his actions. A challenged opponent can be a weakened opponent.
- I’ve written a lot about bad drivers. I’ve noticed a new trend lately of people going to the opposite extreme from aggressive driving to very slow and hesitant driving. That isn’t any better. Can’t people just try driving in a way that is safe and normal?
- According to Goodreads, I’m 9 books behind schedule on my challenge to read 100 books this year. Also according to Goodreads, I have a good shot of reading more pages this year even though I will read fewer books. I think Goodreads needs to add a “pages read” challenge along with a number of books challenge. I’ve read a lot of long books this year.
- I’ve started creating social media posts for my work once a week. I’m enjoying it. I like it a lot more than other things I do for work. Maybe I will get good enough at it that they let me do it full time.
I guess I will stop there. I think I need to stop worrying about single topic posts and just save up some if these smaller thoughts(the kind I normally have) for posts like this.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit