In the wake of two mass shootings in 24 hours, I thought about skipping what’s good this week. I thought about skipping it and writing my thoughts on more mass shootings, but, unfortunately, I’ve written about it too many times here, here, here, here and probably more I can’t even remember right now. What more can I say? Will it even matter? Even if more than 20 people read this would anyone care? It’s obvious that the people that matter don’t care about the lives that are lost in these events. So, I decided that maybe the best thing to do is to go ahead with a what’s good post. I could use some good this morning.
It was a different week than I expected to have. We found out Saturday that my MIL was in the hospital. Sunday morning my wife and daughter decided to head to Kentucky to be with her. I ended up with another week alone and rarely left the house after work. I guess the lack of interaction with the world can be a good thing.
- I had brunch with friends Sunday morning. The brunch was a goodbye brunch, so it was sad as well, but it was good to go out and have fun with friends. Also, there was a bottomless mimosa bar.
- My wife and daughter made it to Kentucky safely.
- I had a nice note and a gift on my desk on Tuesday morning.
- My MIL was released from the hospital on Thursday.
- My daughter made it home safely on Friday.
- I am getting a second full-time employee at work. That will make my life easier.
- I had a full weekend off this weekend.
- We spent the day yesterday watching all 6 episodes of Season 2 of Derry Girls.
- It was “donate water and get a free sandwich” day yesterday at Firehouse Subs.
- The Braves lead is still 7 games in the NL East.
Hopefully, we are back to a regular week this week with no one in the hospital and everyone home.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit