I was back to a relatively normal schedule this week. No trips. No school visits. No change in my hours. Just an ordinary week of work and not much else. Was there any good? Let’s find out.
- My wife and son made it home from Portland safely.
- It was a long wait at the cell phone lot because BWI sucks at luggage handling, but that gave me time to read more of my book.
- The Braves took sole possession of first place in the NL East.
- I was finally able to start watching Good Omens.
- We bought tickets to see the Braves play in DC this Saturday.
- The weather was really nice this week so I had multiple lunches outside.
- Free coffee at Panera gave me an excuse to go sit and read there for a while before work on Friday.
- My son got his official job offer and will start a real full-time with benefits job after his fellowship is over.
- We went out to lunch at our favorite restaurant yesterday to celebrate my son’s birthday.
- For once schedule issues at work worked in my favor so I was home to go to that lunch instead of being at work.
It was harder to get to ten this week. It was an ordinary week with a lot of little annoyances with the work part of it. It will be easier the next few weeks as I go to a conference and then to Kentucky to visit family. It’s good to have things to look forward to when you are depressed about going to work.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit