It’s been two weeks since I did one of these due to travel. I could cheat and only do ten things from my trip, but I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of these posts. So, I will condense the trip part and also find good in my week after we returned.
- My son made it home from work(he was housesitting while we were gone) before we left for the airport, so we had a chance to see him before we left.
- All of the travel parts of the trip went smoothly, Flights were on time. We made it to all of our gates with ease. No running through the airport this time. I slept more on the trip over than usual.
- I enjoyed every day in Baku. It was a nice change from the last two trips where I was bored a lot.
- Istanbul was fun and our trip to and from the airport worked out great. A 24-hour layover to see the city was a good idea.
- I came back to a week of three days at work, one day off, and then an event out of the branch on Saturday.
- Friday was a frustrating day, but at least at the end of the day we got my daughter’s car to the repair place and it will be in working order soon.
- Ryan Hamilton and the Harlequin Ghosts’ new album we released Friday.
- I had book club Friday night, so I got to spend time with friends.
- Saturday I spent the day outside at a local festival at the library table. I also got to eat tacos and dessert from the strawberry festival at the church next door.
- My son made it to Portland safely last night.
It was a good couple of weeks. Let’s hope this keeps up now that I’m back to regular life.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit