Another relatively uneventful week. A week of preparing for bigger events next week. My travel anxiety is at a very high level today as we prepare to leave for Baku tomorrow. I miss the days when I could travel without getting stressed out about it. I think the terrible India trip has made me expect the worse when it comes to these trips now. I feel a little better now that I know they are actually taking us on planned outings while my wife is at work. The less I have to plan and deal with on my own the better. I would also feel a lot better if both kids were coming with us. I always get stressed and sad when we leave my son behind. Anyway, that’s next week. Let’s look at the past week.
- Both kids came home for lunch for Mother’s Day and stayed for most of the day.
- We had our Professional Development Day at work on Monday so instead of going to the branch I went to an all day training at an off-site location.
- This meant I got to see friends I no longer see on a daily basis and other friends I rarely see.
- We went out after the training so I got more time with friends in a non-work setting.
- A stressful work situation was finally dealt with this week.
- Our anniversary was on Thursday. We didn’t do anything exciting, but it means that so far my wife has not gotten tired of me yet.
- It was a nice weather week so I got to eat outside for lunch a lot, walk the dog and read on my deck.
- It also meant the grass was nice and dry for mowing on Friday.
- My daughter came home for the summer yesterday.
- Only two more days of work and I’m on vacation.
I don’t know how much I will post after tomorrow as we will be flying out tomorrow night and out of country until next Monday night. Here’s hoping I have a lot of good to share when I return.