It was generally a good week this week. I started the week with a day good enough to post a good day post and then, while there were some stressful and frustrating times, it was a decent week. I won’t cheat and use the list from Monday for the list today. That would be too easy.
- I will start with something from Monday – I’ve been involved with the state library association almost from the start of my career. I’ve presented at conference three times. I’ve been on the conference committee multiple times. I thought this year would be the first time in a long time I wouldn’t be there and then a received word that I was approved to go and am now registered.
- I’m really enjoying the extra hour of daylight and hope to continue to take advantage of it with walks after work.
- I normally wouldn’t put a job interview on a list of good things before hearing the result, but there are two good things with this one – it’s over and the result will give me final indication on the direction of my future job decisions. It will be good to have that clarity.
- Speaking of MLA, I had a meeting at the offices Thursday morning. It was a nice day for a drive to Baltimore.
- I stopped on the way back to the branch for a nice, quiet lunch with just me and my book.
- Friday was another really nice day and I had another nice lunch outside.
- My daughter was home for spring break when I got home from work. She’s abandoning us and going south to visit a friend tomorrow, but we got one weekend with her home.
- We had lunch at the normal birthday spot for our kids yesterday with both of the kids. It’s unusual these days to get both kids home at the same time.
- My son stayed long enough after lunch for us to play our now traditional game of Life. It’s become the standard for when we are all together at home.
- I have one more day off work today and an excuse to spend it watching TV with my daughter.
Today is the day the NCAA brackets are revealed. I will probably be posting my upset and final four picks tomorrow. Next week’s What’s Good post will probably be filled with basketball-related things, hopefully involving wins by Kentucky.