We realized last night that we have no real memory of Monday. My wife asked me what we did for dinner that night. I have no recollection at all. Let’s see if I can remember anything else about the week.
- Monday was a holiday. I didn’t have to go to work. I did nothing all day but read a book and watch TV. Why can’t every day be like that?
- Tuesday night I had a free dinner at Houlihan’s with my free birthday coupon they sent me. I ate alone and read my book like a loser, but you can’t argue with a free meal.
- Wednesday I finally got my snow day. It was also on my 1-9 day so I not only got a day off, I got my evening day off.
- Friday was my regular day off so my week, was work every other day. I could get used to that schedule.
- I went to a retirement party for someone at work on Friday afternoon and had a chance to see some work people I don’t see regularly.
- I had book club at my house Friday night so I got to follow the party with more time with friends(though they are all old and left at 9:30)
- They brought ice cream cake and gifts for my birthday.
- I won $6 on the scratch offs they bought me.
- This was the other gift
- I had to work yesterday, but I started the day with a free pastry at Panera and ended it with a free burger at Red Robin and BOGO Blizzards at Dairy Queen and then the Kentucky basketball game.
Now I enter into the days of no more birthday gifts, no more free birthday food, no more random days off. No more filling my what’s good list with free stuff and days off.