For once, it shouldn’t be hard to find good things this week. It would be sad if I couldn’t find good things in my birthday week.
- I started out the week with a 90-minute delay at work, so my three day weekend had a small extension.
- I had a reason to leave the branch again Thursday. Regardless of the reason, it’s always nice to get out of the building and see people I don’t normally see.
- We got a yes to explore a possible class at work when I was expecting a no.
- I went out with work friends after work on Friday night. It was slightly better than sitting on my couch watching TV.
- We picked the kids up and went to lunch at Old Ebbitt Grill in DC for my birthday.
- We spent a little time wandering around DC after lunch instead of heading straight home.
- A lot of people took the time to say happy birthday to me on Facebook even though I’m a terrible person who never takes the time to do that for my Facebook friends.
- My son’s presentation was accepted to a conference in Portland in June.
- Kentucky beat Tennessee last night. Beating Tennessee is always good. Beating them when they are #1 is especially good.
- I still have two more days off before I have to go back to work.
Here’s hoping I have a snow day on my list for next week.