We are back to the weeks where it isn’t as easy to find the good things. My kids are away again and my wife and I are back to work. This means I have a lot more time at home alone and days dealing with the stuff that makes me like this
So let’s find the good
- Due to app rewards and gift cards I had an excuse to go out two morning this week for breakfast, coffee and reading time.
- I didn’t get a full snow day this week, but I did get to leave work an hour early on Tuesday. I will take what I can get.
- Philly Pretzel Company has been doing a thing where people with certain names or names starting with certain letters get three free pretzels. This week I met the criteria and got free pretzels.
- The snow and the cold this week meant a quieter, less stressful week at work as far as the public goes.
- My wife surprisingly got home from work early on Thursday due to an off-site meeting so I had less time alone to fill.
- I cooked something new Thursday night and it didn’t make us sick or taste terrible.
- My free birthday food from the various restaurant apps and email lists have started showing up. I will be able to treat myself a lot over the next couple of weeks.
- The Youth Media Awards were announced Monday morning and I’ve already been able to finish both the Newbery and the Printz winners.
- Kentucky won two more basketball games this week and should crack the top 5 in the polls.
- It will be somewhat warm and sunny for the next few days.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit