This one will cover the last couple of weeks, so hopefully, it will be easier to find a list of good things to report. It would be sad not to have 10 good things from a period of time that was mostly vacation.
- The way the holidays fell, I was able to take 4 days off but get 10 days in a row off. That’s always nice.
- We were able to visit family in Kentucky for the first time in a year. We missed our usual summer visit. It was nice to be home with family again.
- All four of us were able to go for the entire time. It’s becoming less usual for all of us to be together for more than a couple of hours. Having 10 days together was nice.
- I was able to stream both of the Ravens games while stuck in a house with no NFL Network and in Bengals territory. Technology is great.
- Kentucky basketball won both games while were away against North Carolina and Louisville.
- After the holiday obligations were over we had time to do some fun stuff with my brother’s family. We went ice skating, to an escape room, the arboretum and played games together.
- We didn’t have to deal with winter weather on our drive to and from. We had rain and some fog and there was some snow on the ground on the way there, but nothing that made the trip difficult.
- I made my goal of 100 books read for 2018. It was close, but I was able to read 101 by the end of the year.
- We have one more week and then we all travel together again for a vacation before school starts again. We still have 3 weeks before we have an empty house again.
- The Ravens on their division, I have tickets to the playoff game today and a coworker was willing to work for me today so I could be at the game.
I have one more week of real life a then I get another week reprieve before the real world sets in for an extended period of time. I’m going to try to take the time to enjoy this while I have it. I’m hoping that the new year will bring some new beginnings that will make the What’s Good posts easier to write.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit