Hello and Happy New Year! I’m back from Christmas hiatus and just watched my Kentucky Wildcats beat Penn State in the Citrus Bowl. I will celebrate by writing up my year in books. It was a struggle to get to my 100 books again, but I made it. I need to spend less time looking at my phone in 2019 and more time reading. On to the books! All of the stats are from Goodreads(as pictured below). My top books are the ones I gave five stars and then the four-star books I felt were the best of the rest. I will not include re-reads.
Top ten books read in no particular order
- Speak: The Graphic Novel by Laurie Halse Anderson
- For Every One by Jason Reynolds
- There There by Tommy Orange
- She Rides Shotgun by Jordan Harper
- An Unkindness of Magicians by Kat Jordan
- One of Us by Craig DiLouie
- Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
- Kill the Farm Boy by Delilah Dawson
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
- Noir by Christopher Moore
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- Roughneck by Jeff Lemire
- Rabbit & Robot by Andrew Smith
Book I would most recommend
There There by Tommy Orange, but listen to the audio. It has a great voice cast. She Rides Shotgun is a very close second, possibly a tie.
Worst Books I Finished
- America 51: A Probe into the Realities That Are Hiding Inside the Greatest Country in the World by Corey Taylor – His rants are usually fun. These were not.
Book I Dustbunnied
Space Opera by Catherynne Valente. I know some people liked this one. I felt like she was trying to be Douglass Adams and failing spectacularly.
Number of books read: 101
Number of pages read according to Goodreads: 31860. I did the math and that averages to 87.2 pages a day. Once again, I think I can do better.