It’s not even 9am on a weekend day and I’m already slightly annoyed by something. Let’s see if I can find the good while in this type of mood.
- Free bagels! I have a month of free bagels at Panera. It’s nice to have a reason to leave the house and read somewhere besides my couch. I need to leave the house more.
- My reading has picked up. I don’t know what changed, but I’m not having as much trouble focusing on a book this week. I might make my goal for the year.
- I had something stressful on my schedule this week and it’s done. I’m not sure it was worth the stress, but I’m glad it’s over.
- All of my outside work is officially done until I have snow to shovel.
- The Ravens have won three games in a row and have a decent shot at the playoffs.
- Use or lose personal leave made it possible for me to leave work early on Thursday. It was nice to get home before dark.
- Dry weather! We’ve had so much rain here lately. It was nice to have a stretch of dry weather. I wish the snowstorm was going to make it into our area, but at least it isn’t raining.
- I was pleasantly surprised to see three friends of mine at work on Friday. They all brought their kids to a class at the library. It had been a long time since I had seen them and it was nice to spend some time with them.
- I was supposed to work today, but someone asked if they could take my Sunday, so I have the day off instead.
- Two weeks from today I will wake up in Kentucky with a week of relaxation ahead of me.
The next two weeks will be a mix of “getting ready for Christmas” stress and some fun things. Hopefully, the fun will outweigh the stress.