It wasn’t a terrible week, but it wasn’t necessarily a great one either. Let’s see if I can find the good.
- My son came back home on Sunday and went to church and the Ravens game with me.
- The Ravens won and the trains actually ran consistently and got us to and from the game in a timely manner. That doesn’t always happen.
- I covered the desk at another branch on Wednesday. It’s always nice to get a break from the norm and go somewhere new. They also gave me food.
- I received a call on Wednesday that tells me that at least one other place might view me as a desirable employee. I don’t know if there will be a job offer or if I would accept said job offer, but the interest is nice.
- A new person came to my book club at work Wednesday night and it was someone I know. A double bonus.
- I’m not a fan of meetings in general, but my meeting on Thursday got me out of the branch, had some good information and got me home earlier than normal so I will take it.
- Panera has once again given me a free daily bagel for the month of December. I won’t go every day, but I will get a few days of relaxing with a free bagel and coffee and reading a book before work.
- I received a very nice email from someone that shows me that my efforts at work have not gone unnoticed by everyone who matters.
- I finally had a dry window of time Saturday morning to rake and bag my leaves. I finished just in time. The rain started less than an hour after I finished.
- I enjoy going to the Ravens games, but it’s nice to have a day today to stay at home and relax and watch the game on TV.
The next week does not look to be one full of good, but Christmas and a nice break to visit family are coming.
Also coming soon – my year in review posts. I will wait until January for my year in reading post, but I might do my year in general, year in blogging and likely a “best and worst in TV” post in the next couple of weeks.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit