It should be easy to find good things from this past week. It was a pleasant interlude in what has been some challenging weeks. Let’s get to the good.
- My wife attended another Ravens game with me. I think it might be the last one this season, but it was nice not going alone as I have in the past.
- It was a holiday week, so I only had to work four days this week and we closed at 5 on the day I work until 9 so I had no night shifts this week.
- I took 2 hours of personal leave on Tuesday to drive to campus to pick up my daughter. This should count as two – more time away from work and my daughter coming home.
- My daughter has been home since Tuesday and even though it means my control of the TV is not absolute anymore, it is nice to have her here.
- My son was home when I got home from work on Wednesday and he and my wife had put up the outside lights.
- He spent the night Wednesday night and Thursday night – the longest he’s stayed home in a while/
- He’s coming back today to go to the football game with me.
- We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving with just the four of us. No travel, no stress over company coming over. Just good food and family time.
- The rain yesterday gave me an excuse to ignore the leaves I need to rake and instead get a nice rest day instead.
- Kentucky won big against Louisville last night. It was nice to see them win big against a bad team and that bad team being Louisville made it even nicer.
Back to a full week of work tomorrow. Hopefully, the holiday season will help the good continue to be easy to find.