I’m glad I decided to start doing this every week. In a world where the news is terrible, the president is terrible and daily life is no fun, it’s good to focus on the good things. Here we go
- I know my wife is not thrilled about live football games, but it seems she is willing to go to the Ravens games unless I find someone else to go with me. Well, until it gets too cold and then I will be on my own again.
- Both of my kids came home together on Thursday to go to the last Food Truck Thursday of the season with me. My wife also gave in and went with us even though she doesn’t get the whole foo truck thing.
- Both of my kids will be home today. One because she’s sick(not a good thing) and we picked her up last night so she could relax away from school for a bit and one because he’s driving by on his way to and from a carnivorous plant exhibit.
- This post from MPOW in which I am pictured had a great response. Only two angry faces out of the 99 people who have reacted so far.
- A coworker brought me cake. Soon they will realize no one is actually nice to the scheduler, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.
- A friend made a creativity journal for me. It was nice to find a good package in the mail and nice to know someone was thinking about me.
- I had free coffees at Panera, so I had a few mornings where I went and sat, drank coffee and read. I long for the days when I’m retired and can do that more often.
- Kentucky won a game at the last second last night and are now 7-1. The game next week against Georgia will be for the SEC East championship.
- There’s a good chance Kentucky football and Kentucky basketball will both be in the top 10 this week. I like it.
- I think it might have finally been cold enough for the grass to stop growing. I will still have a day of leaf raking at some point, but my outside work chores might be over for a while.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit