Closed Due to Unusually Clement Weather

I think it’s time the world adopt my idea I’ve been pushing for a while. Clement weather days.

Every winter schools, offices and businesses close down due to inclement weather. Everyone gets a day to stay at home. Most of us are happy. When you have small children, you spend time outside building a snowman or just watching the kids enjoy the snow.  It all sounds nice and fun and it is, but there are problems with this scenario. It is cold outside, eventually you will have to shovel the driveway and the kids will grow up. I still like my snow days. I have no problem with the new reality of spending them with my daughter binge watching some sitcom on Netflix. I will still enjoy them next year when she’s away at college and I will be watching TV alone. I will still enjoy them, but I will still have to shovel snow eventually and it will be cold.

Today it is in the 60’s here. This is after a long stretch of very cold weather, some snow, and a little bit of ice. We had wind chills of below zero. Today feels like summer in comparison. Today is the day I want to stay away from work. Not the days when you don’t want to go outside. So, I propose clement weather days. When it is forecast to be 60 degrees and sunny in the middle of winter in an area where it is usually cold schools, offices and businesses will close down so everyone can enjoy the brief respite from winter. I think it would improve the mood of the entire community and relieve winter stress.

Sure there will be the same issues with this as there are with snow days. Some years schools will call a clement day early and it won’t get as warm as forecast or it will rain. Not every plan is perfect.

I think this is a winning idea. I might win a Nobel for this one.

17 thoughts on “Closed Due to Unusually Clement Weather

1. Remedial Stitcher January 11, 2018 / 10:21 pm

I would go along with this if I was still working. Of course, as it is, I can do this any time I want, being retired.

2. Tragically Uncool January 15, 2018 / 2:54 pm

I second this!

3. floatinggold January 15, 2018 / 8:43 pm

Ha! I’d sign that petition.
    I am still upset over “snow days”. When I was a kid, we never got snow days. It seems like now, every other day is a snow day for kids.

4. Faith Illuminated January 19, 2018 / 11:20 am

I can definitely get on board with this! 🙂

5. Radhika Acharya January 19, 2018 / 12:21 pm

I’ll defintiely propose your name for the Nobel for this one!! Great idea 🙂
    Came in from Susie’s party by the way.

6. deepasthoughts January 19, 2018 / 9:58 pm

That seems like a Nobel Worth idea.. Can imagine the respite that a little sunshine can bring during a cold winter day. And that has to be celebrated. Quite metaphoric right! 🙂

7. arv! January 20, 2018 / 7:32 am

Lovely idea. quite like going out enjoying your day without worrying for the day.

Susie sent me here! 🙂

8. Losing the Plot January 20, 2018 / 9:01 am

Excellent idea. We see so little of it yet kids are off All July when it’s nearly always wet

9. Janice Wald January 20, 2018 / 4:17 pm

Hi Tater??
    I like your idea. I am a teacher. It would give me more opportunities to walk my dog on nice weather days. I thought your idea was sort of creative. I heard of inclement weather but never Clement weather.

Susie sent me! Maybe you can check out my blog if you need any blogging tips. I write about how bloggers can be more successful. I also have blog parties like Susie.
    Janice

• Janice Wald January 22, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. I will look forward to your visit to my blog.
        Janice

10. Julia January 21, 2018 / 12:08 pm

Susie sent me. I love this idea! But playing hooky because it’s lovely out has it’s own fun…don’t ya think? Fun idea

11. The Regular Guy NYC January 28, 2018 / 2:03 pm

I am all for work to close on a nice day! We all work too much anyway. It’s a great idea! Now if only my boss would agree.

Dropping by from Susie’s blog party!

12. The Regular Guy NYC January 28, 2018 / 2:04 pm

Dropping by from Susie’s blog party!