This is day 5 of the month of tater and I’m struggling with the writing every day thing. I started writing a post about how it seems the more I write the less people read, but I couldn’t find enough to say about that. I thought about a weekly wrap up but realized I’m too boring to have enough to say about my week. The TV helped me out by going to an interview with Kelly Clarkson about her career. I decided to go the lazy route and do one of those “put your music on shuffle” posts. I’m very ashamed of myself.
- Insane in the Membrane – Cypress Hill: It’s possible my son was the one that downloaded this one back when he was younger and used the same iTunes account. It’s one of the few that I kept.
- Let Me Inside – Stephen Lynch: One of my favorite comedians. He is a singing comedian and his songs are very inappropriate. I never go to comedy shows(though I would if someone would go with me) but I went to his when he was in Baltimore.
- Someone Like You – Adele: I like Adele, but I will admit that I generally skip this one when it comes up. I’m not sure why.
- Tick Tick Boom – Patent Pending: One of my favorite bands and one that most people I know have never heard of. I first saw them when they opened for Bowling For Soup in Baltimore. They were supposed to play a venue that was closed down the week before. BFS promised to play Baltimore even if it was a free concert in a park. They ended up pkaying a scaled down show at a rooftop bar. Only 100 or so people showed up and it rained, but my son got to meet the band at his first concert. Patent Pending opened the show and I loved them. I wish they would come back to the area.
- Intergalactic – Beastie Boys: I love the Beastie Boys. I was very sad when MCA died.
- December, 1963(Oh, What a Night) – The Four Seasons: I’m not really sure why I chose this song. I like it, but I assume I have it because it was free or something.
- Cheer Up(It’s Christmas) – People on Vacation: People on Vacation is Jaret Reddick from Bowlng for Soup and Ryan Hamilton from Smile Smile Band and now Ryan Hamilton and the Traitors. They were very good friends who did People on Vacaion albums when not recording with their other bands. I love the music they created and really like this Christmas song. Sadly, they had a falling out and are no longer friends.
- Summer Fling – Linus of Hollywood: From the Crappy Records Presents: Have a Crappy Summer compilation. It is a very good summer song. Another BFS connection. Linus and Jaret are friends and also recorded an album together as Jarinus. My name is on the album liner. They also once did a video while holding my picture thanking me for my support. If I can track it down I will insert it here.EDIT – Here is the video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4dHkm3Jf34
- Dream On – Aerosmith: One of the best rock bands of all time.
- Malibu Classic – Eric Chandler: Also from the Crappy Records album. Erik is in Bowling for Soup, but also does some very good solo work.
Funny how much of an influence BFS has on my music, but not one BFS song came up on shuffle this morning. I might go back and add in links to the songs later, but right now I need to go hurry my family up so we aren’t late for church.