I would like to thank Waking up on the Wrong Side of 50 for tagging me for the Real Neat Award. I’m going to cheat though. If you are tagged you are then supposed to tag other blogs and ask them questions. I feel like every blog I follow is so established and more widely read than mine and it would just annoy them for me to tag them for something they’ve probably already done. I may be wrong, but I’m going to err on the side of lazy. If you are a blogger and reading this and want to answer questions, just steal the ones she gave me and answer those. There. I have unofficially nominated everyone. Now to the questions.
- What song motivates you ? – I don’t know that I have any one song that motivates me. I do have certain songs that I heard right at the right time. I can remember driving home one day when I was living in Cincinnati. I was not happy with my job situation and was starting to lose hope. The song Hold On by Wilson Phillips played on the radio and it made me feel better. It is now the song that always reminds me that things can get better if we can just hold on for one more day.
- Coffee or tea? And when do you enjoy it most? I like tea, but I am a coffee man. I like it any time I can get it. I enjoy it the most when I am drinking it. I go to Starbucks because I like my coffee like I like my women – bitter and expensive.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I used to think I would like the power of invisibility, but then I realized that I seemed to have mastered that one already and it’s really not fun being invisible. I would probably go with flying because I hate to drive.
- Favorite movie adaptation of a book and why? The book is aways better. I’m going to be boring here and go with the Harry Potter franchise. I really enjoyed all of the movies.
- What would you want to tell your teenage self? Cheer up. Stop worrying so much about stuff. Loosen up. Talk to people. Ask her out. Don’t waste your high school life being scared to break out of your shell.
- What is your favorite vacation memory? This is a hard one. I’ve been fortunate to go on so many great vacations. Any time I’m able to still travel and have both of my kids with me is a favorite vacation memory. Funniest vacation memory is when my wife fell in the sea on an island off of Helsinki. It was funny once we were off the island and she was dry. Well, for her it probably took longer for it to be funny.
- Do you have a nighttime ritual and if so, what is it? Does falling asleep while watching TV count as a ritual? If so, there it is. If not, then no.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit