- I read two different books over the weekend that were written when the author was a teenager. If you ever want to feel even more like a failure, spend the weekend being reminded of people who have achieved more than you before they are out of their teens. Sure, I have a good job and I now have a title, but I’m pushing 50 and I still feel like something of a failure when it comes to the career thing. 20 years in jail really hinders your job prospects even if you just work there.
- I joked recently that I was going to write a book called The Power of Positive Negativity after I one again posted something negative only to be proven wrong. I feel like it is better to expect the worst in situations and be pleasantly surprised when things go right. This weekend I did the opposite and posted something positive about a car buying experience only to have it go bad just a few minutes later. I’ve learned my lesson. No more positivity until after everything is done.
- I might be biased because of my hate for the Washington baseball team, but I watched the local coverage of the game yesterday and their broadcast team is horrible. Constant bad jokes that fell flat, making fun of a between innings activity and just a bad job in general. You are one of the best regular season teams in baseball(playoffs, not so much). Spend some money for some decent TV coverage.
- I just wrote the check for my ticket to my 30 year high school reunion. How is that possible? I can’t be that old. Can I?
- This is the end. I have to leave for work. Aren’t you glad this is the last bullet point?
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit