I really didn’t think I would make it to 100 books this year. I went through a stretch when it was difficult for me to focus on reading. I did list 10 best books and some honorable mentions, but it was harder this year. I did more audio books this year. There will be fewer of those this year since my commute is shorter and I won’t be driving alone to Kentucky.I set my goal at 100 again, but my real goal is to continue to try to diversify my reading and to read at least one classic I have not read before.
Top ten books read in no particular order
- The Winter Family by Cifford Jackman
- I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest
- The Fireman by Joe Hill
- I Must Say by Martin Short
- Last Days of Night by Graham Moore
- End of Watch by Stephen King
- But What If We’re Wrong by Chuck Klosterman
- The Whistler by John Grisham
- Bazaar of Bad Dreans by Stephen King
- The End by Charlie Higson
- Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danforth
- Kraken by China Mieville
- Ms Marvel vol 1 by G Willow Wilson
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Tell Us Something True by Dana Reinhardt
- Let the Right One In by John Lindquist
Book I would most recommend
The Fireman by Joe Hill. It is very long, but it is worth the time.
Worst book I finished
If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher
Book I Dustbunnied
None this year. I would have stopped reading the above book, but it was for book club and I always finish book club books no matter how bad they are.
Number of books read: 101
Number of pages read according to Goodreads: 31304 – This is wrong. They have one book listed as 6 pages and I know it was around 200, but this is easier than trying to add them all up.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit