So, it’s been a week since my last post. I guess that means it’s time for me to spend a few minutes rambling about random stuff.
- Politics: Ben Carson suspended his presidential campaign, meaning he can finally get more nap time without people interrupting him with questions. Donald Trump is still so bad that he makes Ted Cruz look good in comparison and that’s not easy. John Kasich is still the only grown up on the stage, so no one pays any attention to him. At this point the Democrats could run Dukakis and win.
- High School Musical: No, not the Disney movie and the new of a 4th movie, but actual high school musicals. I took my daughter to see some of her friends in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat last night. When she first said she wanted me to stay and watch the show I was kind of disappointed I couldn’t just dump her there and go home to watch TV. I’m glad I didn’t. It was a very good show. They always do a good job. I just forget that every time until I go. There are some very talented kids at AHS.
- Stupid Drivers: I thought it was impossible, but I think the drivers in the area are getting worse. This morning I was almost killed by someone who didn’t even slow down at a red light. I’m sure they were looking at their phone. There is nothing on that phone that is more important than not killing your fellow drivers. No one is important enough to have to read their texts/facebook/email while driving. Put the phone down and drive. The message will be there when you arrive and no one will die(unless you are a doctor ignoring urgent messages about a patient).
- Stupid Questions: It was proven definitively this week that there is such a thing as a stupid question. I’m not sure why anyone ever thought the opposite was true. Wherever you find stupid people, there is a chance that you will hear stupid statements, questions, etc. and you can find stupid people everywhere. I found a couple on the FOX News debate stage last night.
- Lunch Break Being Over: What do you mean lunch break is over? I wasted the whole thing trying to think of things to complain about. I never had a chance to read my book. It’s not fair! I demand to be paid to do whatever I want! Actually, I’m going to go work. Darn work ethic.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit