Day 29 wants me to wrote my goals for the next thirty days. I guess this means I need to make goals for the next thirty days? I’m not really a goal setting person. That might explain why I am a fat, out of shape man who has been in the same job for the past 20 years. Hmm. Maybe I should have thought about setting goals 20 years ago. My goals:
- Take my birthday leave on a day when the library is actually open and not closed for snow. This is really out of my control. I can’t change the weather. I’m only responsible for the black cloud that is always over me.
- Eat all of the free food I get for my birthday because I signed up for email alerts from restaurants. That will contribute to the fatness, but why change now.
- Read enough books to stay on track for my goal of 100 books read this year.
- Get people to sign up for my adult recess event at the library.
- Get people to come to the parent & teen book club at the library.
- Stop eating the candy that is ever present at work. I actually started this goal last week. So far I have been successful. This is just the candy. I will still eat donuts, cake, etc if offered. I’m not stupid.
- Post on the blog at least twice a week after the writing challenge is over. I would say every day, but do people really need that? I think not.
- Go see a movie at the theater. I love going to the movies, but never go. If I achieve goal #1 I will do it on that day.
- World domination.
Check back on 3/ 10 to see if I was able to accomplish any of these.