So it’s Day 12. Sick of me yet? I bet you are. Today’s challenge i to write about five blessings in my life. I will admit that it’s more fun for me to do the ones where I talk about challenges and struggles. I’m better at writing about the negatives. I don’t tend to dwell on the positives. I’m afraid of positive thinking. Anyway, here they are:
- My Kids: The one area of my life where I have never doubted myself is in parenting. I know I’ve made mistakes and there are things I wish I had done differently, but I have never doubted that I am a good dad. The reason? Because my kids are great. They are good people, they are nice to others, they do well in school, they work hard(except when it comes to cleaning their rooms). I am very proud of them and I know that I must have done OK to have kids like this.
- My wife: If you know me you probably realize that I am likely not the easiest person to live with. Even on my good days you have to deal with my weird sense of humor. Yet, 23 years later she is still here. I worry about her decision making skills.
- I’m comfortable: We have been blessed with jobs that allow us to be comfortable financially. We aren’t rich, but we don’t really have financial worries. I know a lot of people struggle with this. I’ve been someone who has struggled through money issues. I’m blessed to be able to provide for my family and to give my kids a life where this is not a concern.
- Friends: I go through phases where I feel like I don’t really have friends I could call f I needed something, but I know I do. I just refuse to tell people when I do need something. I do think I have friends who would be there for me if I called. In the meantime, I’m blessed to have friends who put up with me.
- I’m me: Let’s face it. Being me is pretty great. I’m smart and funny and someone that everyone loves.
dad, librarian, UK fan, Ravens fan, future hermit